Sunday, May 3, 2009

Our Little Carnivore

After the Chick-Fil-A success, we headed to the Amphora Diner on Saturday night for dinner and decided to order a meal off of the kid's menu for Brennan. We knew it would be way too much food for him (and honestly, once it came out, I was surprised to see that it would be too much food for me... no wonder why we have a childhood obesity problem in America!), but we wanted to give it a shot, since neither of us was ordering something that would be good to share with him. So, Brennan got the kids Meat Loaf meal. At first, he was eating the small pieces that I cut up for him, but after he got through most of those, he reached onto the plate and grabbed a whole piece of meat loaf and went to town. He ate a really good portion of that meat loaf. I was glad that he also ate some of the broccoli and seemed to really enjoy the cauliflower. What a big boy!



It was so much fun to see him in action with that food. Brian and I were laughing and smiling and Brennan seemed so proud of himself. I think he was excited to have a big boy plate all of his own!

2 comments:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

He's so grown up and can do so many things! Wow. Brennan, please talk with Meghan about the eating. :)

Joanie said...

This picture of him holding the big slab of meatloaf and staring at it is totally cracking me up! He really is a little carnivore! I love it!