Sunday, March 20, 2011

Big Boy Room

With another baby on the way, we've been planning on moving Brennan into a new bedroom, so that the baby can have the nursery. This weekend, we finished transforming the guest room into Brennan's room. The new furniture, which was a gift from Brian's parents, arrived two weeks ago. My talented friend, Nikki Andrews, came to paint some artwork on Brennan's wall. I finished the room off with star-themed bedding and curtains from Pottery Barn Kids. It was really fun putting the room together and I think it turned out great!

Brennan was SO excited about the rocket ship and moon. While Nikki was painting, he kept peeking at her with a huge smile on his face. More than once he said, "so beautiful."

Brennan loves looking at the real moon and he was thrilled to have one on his wall.
Nikki incorporated a bunches of stars throughout the room to tie the theme together.
It's hard to see the detail on the lamp, but there are star cut-outs all over the base.
Normally after bath time, Brennan likes to dance and flop all over our bed, but tonight, he ran right into his new bed. I think he wanted to get to sleep in his new digs. He didn't fight me to get him lotioned, dressed or brushed. We read together and he seemed ready to kick us out of the room. I haven't heard a peep from him since we left him, so I hope he has sweet dreams tonight!

1 comment:

Rush said...

I'd like to use Brennan's words to describe his room - "So beautiful"! The details are so wonderful and I love everything about the room, from the theme to the colors that you have chosen. Big hug to the big boy from me.