Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Potty Training Updates

I was just looking back at my blog posts to figure out when we started potty training - it was February 10th, nearly two months ago. Brennan is doing great in underwear. Our only accidents are occasionally at nap time. After struggling to make a bowl movement on the potty, Brennan finally got over it and is now quite regular and fearless - including in public! I carry a portable potty ring with us when we are out for use in public restrooms and that has been very helpful. We actually have never had an accident in public (knock on wood), so I am grateful for that. In the last week, I worked on moving Brennan from the little potty to the big potty with a potty ring. He made the transition pretty easily and has been doing good on the big potty. I am considering teaching him how to pee standing up, but he doesn't seem that interested at this point. He's still wearing diapers at night and they are very wet in the morning, so I don't think he's ready to tackle nighttime dryness just yet. We are going to NY this weekend and I can't get over how few diapers we'll need to pack. It'll be our first trip out of town with a potty trained child!

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

It sounds like he was really ready and has been doing so awesome. Congratulations to both of you! :)