I signed up to organize the Christmas party for Brennan's class. With a ton of input from my mom, the retired kindergarten teacher, I planned a 2 hour party for nine 3 year olds! We started with cookie decorating: snowman sugar cookies decorated with icing, candy eyes and marshmallows. Then we headed into snack time where the kids enjoyed chips, teddy grahams, grapes, strawberries and blueberries. Due to allergies in the class, we kept the food simple. For our cookie decorating, one of the moms in class made vegan sugar cookies so all kids could participate. The cookies were delicious! After playing a little freeze dance to get the sillies out, the kids completed a craft: decorating Christmas trees. I wrapped the party up with a "guess what's in Santa's stocking" game. While I worked with the kids, the teachers, Mrs. Teuscher and Mrs. Bradish, traded off on holding Tyler. Mrs. Bradish even took him down to the church nursery to rock him to sleep when he started getting cranky from being overtired! Thankfully, Tyler slept through the second half of the party. Here is a little picture with me and kids.
I had a great time being in the class and felt more natural than I expected. I am feeling more confident about my ability to do things with his class in the future now!Below is the ornament gift that Brennan made for us at school. I offered to wait until Christmas day to open the package, but he didn't want us to wait! Brennan is now on vacation from school until January 4.

No comments:
Post a Comment