Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Weekend in NY

I drove up to NY with the boys last Wednesday in preparation for Debby's surprise shower weekend.  I'll do a separate post on the shower activities, but here is a glimpse of what the boys were up to while I was busy with the girls!  While I was on my way to dinner in NYC on Friday afternoon, my parents took Brennan and Tyler to one of the nearby vineyards that has animals.  Brennan was apparently fearless and was happy to feed goats, pigs, a donkey and this ox!
Peter and Meghan drove back to Long Island with me after dinner on Friday and the boys were very happy to see Uncle Pete on Saturday morning.
Peter and Meg had recently vacationed in Mexico and brought Brennan back luchador (Mexican wrestler) masks.  Brennan loved it and went nuts fighting Uncle Pete.  Brian had trained him well for this moment!
During the bridal shower on Saturday afternoon, Aunt Kerry and Uncle Philip watched the boys.  They took the boys to a pirate festival, so Brennan wore his costume.  The kids had a great time at the festival and Brennan really enjoyed walking on the beach as well!  The weather was beautiful, but on the cool side for June.  I'm looking forward to coming up again this summer when we can actually take the kids in the water!
On Sunday, while I was at brunch, Dad and Pete took Brennan to Meg's parent's home, where they have a chicken coop.  Brennan loved holding the chicks and wanted to take a little white, fluffy one home for himself!
Everyone really pitched in to watch the boys for me this weekend, which was so nice and helpful, since I was up without Brian.  We got a visit in with Grandma and Grandpa Pecorino on Thursday.  And, although I don't have any photos, Brennan got to camp out with Uncle Pete and Meg on Saturday night!  They set a tent out in my parents back yard and endured a night of Brennan's crazy sleeping positions.  Brennan had fun playing with my cousins Sophia and Andrew and we were able to visit my grandparents for a bit on Father's Day.  The boys did pretty good on the drive up and back, but I was happy to get home to Brian yesterday!

No comments: