Thursday, April 11, 2013

Soccer and Spring Temps

Brennan has expressed quite a bit of interest in sports, so we signed him up for soccer this spring.  Saturday morning was his first practice.  In his age group (4-5 year olds), the kids do 30 minutes of drills/practice, followed by 30 minutes of game time.  It's all about having fun and learning some of the foundational skills, like dribbling.  He was very excited about all his new gear and couldn't wait to play.  He did pretty well too, and followed the coaches instructions pretty well.  But, he got a little out of sorts at the end, when he couldn't keep the ball in his possession during the "game," which I say loosely, since it's really a herd of kids running for the ball.  He currently claims he doesn't want to go back, but he's going to stick it out for the season and I hope things will turn around.
Later that day, Brennan turned Brian's car into a "party," as he called it.  He had so much fun sitting back there and wanted us to eat dinner in the car.  We didn't.
The weather made a turn into the mid-eighties this week.  On Tuesday, we spent the entire afternoon outside, enjoying the sprinkler! 
The sun was so intense that we had to use the umbrella!  The boys wore themselves out and I even got a little too much sun.  Brennan and I were both feeling a little bit off yesterday, so I turned the A/C on in the house and we were all feeling better after the house cooled off.

No comments: