Saturday, February 8, 2014

What happened to January?

Fourteen.  That is the total number of pictures that I took for the entire month of January.  And, I wonder why I've lost motivation to blog.  Truth be told, once everyone was feeling better from the New Years Eve round of sickness, we got snow and temperatures that were in the single digits for nearly a week.  School ended up canceled for an entire week over the MLK Jr. holiday due to weather, and we've had a number of intermittent snow days and delays since then.  While the snow is finally melted, it's remained pretty cold out, so we've been staying indoors and not doing too much.  Here is that 5-inch "snow storm" that resulted in an extra week of vacation for the kids:
Brennan and Tyler both wanted to help Brian shovel.
Debby inspired me to keep taking Zelda on good walks despite the frigid temps.  I bundled up, put on ski gloves and kept walking!  This get-up was perfect for 4 degree temps.  The only trouble was that my glasses kept fogging up from my breath :)
You know I was desperate for blog-worthy action when I decided to take a picture of Zelda eating dinner off the floor after Tyler insisted on serving her dinner, but then dropped the entire bowl.  We mix some canned food and green beans in with the kibble, so it seemed easier to let her dine off the floor, and then mop the dog slobber off later, than try to scoop dinner back into her bowl.
 
One night, Brennan asked for scrambled eggs for dinner.  We asked who he wanted to make them - Mommy or Daddy.  He asked us to have a cook off and he would decide who made the best eggs.  In a blind taste test, he declared Brian the winner.  I'd like to say there was cheating involved, but Brian won fair and square.
With all the extra time spent at home, we've been doing a lot of potty training with Tyler and he is doing great!  He still occasionally needs to be reminded to go, but often tells us when he has to go.  I'm so much more relaxed with child #2 and Tyler is undaunted about using public toilets.  I already put the little potties away and told Tyler he just has to use the big ones.  He thinks its funny to pretend "fall in" although he has never actually done so.  He is wearing underwear most of the time, although will accept a pull-up if we are going somewhere I don't want to risk an accident!

2 comments:

Deb said...

What a little character Tyler is! I love the hat while sitting on the toilet!

Sara said...

Go Tyler (literally and figuratively!). That is so fantastic!!