Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Rewind... Enjoying the Great Outdoors!

Before the snow started, we actually had a pretty beautiful week with lots of spring-like weather.  I think Tyler could be ready to start riding a big boy bike (with training wheels), so I have been putting him on the bike, but he hasn't quite figured out how to pedal it yet.  We started out on a little walk down the sidewalk with Brennan on the scooter and Tyler on the bike, but after about 5-6 houses down and Tyler wasn't even attempting to pedal, I took him off the bike and suggested we just walk.
I let him hold Zelda's leash, which kept him happy.
We stopped in the front of the neighborhood to let Zelda do a little running in the parking lot of the Bahai Center.  I snapped a cute picture of Tyler sitting on the curb.
Brennan is working at mastering his scooter so he can start skateboarding.  I told him he could get a skateboard if he could zoom down the big hill leading up to our house on scooter in a controlled, but non-stop manner.  I think he has a LONG way to go before we reach that goal.
Zelda was enjoying some time relaxing in the sun after our walk.  She is such a good girl.  Her weight is down to 95 pounds and she can be trusted to be off leash without running away.
Later in the week, we met Regina and her kids at the Rust Library for a picnic lunch and playtime.  Although the temps weren't too bad, it was on the windy side and started turning a little funky.
Tyler fairly successfully dragged Brennan down the entire ramp on the playground.  It's nice to see them play together.

1 comment:

Sara said...

It makes such a huge difference when we can all get outside to play without fearing frostbite in about 5 minutes. I'm so glad it is almost spring!! Zelda seems like a perfect addition to your family!