Friday, September 5, 2014

Brennan's 1st Day of 1st Grade

On Tuesday, September 2nd, Brennan headed off for his first day of first grade!  His teacher's name is Mrs. Abney.  He was most excited about getting to eat lunch at school and to do math.  On his first day, his class was scheduled to go to the computer lab and P.E.  He had a relatively easy time getting up in the morning, had breakfast as I packed his lunch and by 7:15, we were heading out to the bus stop.  Tyler insisted I pack lunch for him as well and wore his backpack to the bus stop, too.  Aunt Debby came to see Brennan off and return from school.  (Yay!  The benefits of having my sister live 10 minutes away!!!)  No one was in the mood to take serous pictures.
Brennan and his entourage (me, Debby, Brian, Tyler and Zelda) headed to the bus stop.  As soon as Brennan saw his friend from down the street, he ran ahead.  Tyler stuck with Brian.
Brennan was the first to get on the bus at our stop, something he always enjoys doing if he can.  Though, I've been happy to see that in the subsequent days, he has not pushed ahead to get on first.  We have 5-9 kids that get on at our stop, depending on the day.
Brennan's school day goes from 7:50 AM - 2:35 PM.  At the end of the day, we headed back to the bus stop to pick him up.  Here is a cute video of his recap.  He came off the bus and shouted, "best day of school ever!"  What a great start to the year!

2 comments:

Sara said...

It is so great that he loves school! And how wonderful that your sister lives close. (Is that new? Did I miss that? I don't know if I knew that. Not that it matters if I knew or not. :)) I just think it's great!

Megan said...

My sister and her husband just moved here in August for a job opportunity! They live so close by right now, it's wonderful!