Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Apple Picking

I can't really apologize for how infrequent I've been updating the blog because I think this might be the new status quo.  Despite being productive, I am behind on accomplishing a lot that needs to get done around the house.  So, blogging time has gotten nixed!  But, I do want to keep the blog alive, so I'll try to at least put something here every so often!  We had hoped to make it apple picking in September, but found ourselves heading into October without making it to the orchard.  We made a last minute decision on October 4th to ignore housework and head out to Stribling Orchard - about an hour west of us.  The boys were SO excited to pick apples.
We did our best to hunt for apples that would be good for baking.  The guys went to work picking!
As the bags grew heavy, Brian and I carried them and the boys enjoyed just walking in the orchard.  We started to look for a picnic spot.
It was getting into late afternoon at this point and the wind was picking up, so it was a bit chilly, but we sat down to enjoy a snack.
There was a lovely view of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the distance.
As we got ready to pack up and go, the boys enjoyed rolling down the hill.
It was a great afternoon and we've been enjoying apple tarts, apple crisp and apple pie since our visit to the orchard!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I hope you have been well! Apples are one of the best things about the fall! I hate that we haven't been in touch. It's not that I don't think of you; it is just the busy busy busy, which I know you relate to!