Right after Thanksgiving, we started rehearsing for the children's Christmas pageant at church. I have a volunteer serving as assistant director in the children's ministry now, and she happens to be a certified music teacher, so it was great to have her helping teach the kids the carols for the show. Amanda and I would spend about a half hour with the kids during children's ministry to work with them. We had a very simple script this year. It was narrated by our upper elementary class with the rest of the children singing in the chorus. Tyler was an adorable shepherd.
Brennan was the inn keeper and stayed in the Inn the entire time! I couldn't find him before the show to snap a shot, so this is the best I got.I'm not really sure what Tyler was thinking, but he wandered around the stage throughout the show. I was in front, trying to discreetly direct the children, but at one point, I think he walked all the way up to me before heading back into the Inn with Brennan.
The sheep from our toddler class were adorable. They were wandering the stage, dancing and snacking!
The reviews are in - best pageant to date! It's a perfectly imperfect show and that seems just right for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment