Monday, December 21, 2009

Shoveling Out

The total is in, we had 20 inches of snow! I don't remember in my adult life ever being in snow up to my knees. While I am normally not much of a cold weather person, I enjoyed jumping into the snow. It was complete powder - you couldn't make a snow ball if you tried.

It took me and Brian over an hour to dig our driveway and walk-way out. One of our neighbor's brought his snow blower over to clean up the end of the driveway and into the street.

Brennan preferred playing with the shoveled snow, where we could keep his feet on solid ground.

Our road still hasn't been plowed, which leads me to believe it might not be done at all. The entrance to the neighborhood was plowed, but they didn't come all the way through, so who knows how long we'll be dealing with this mess. I am glad that I am done with Christmas shopping! The main roads are clear, but I'd imagine many neighborhoods look like ours. Loudoun County closed school for the next two days, so kids have off early for the holidays. And, the government is closed today, so Brian gets another day home with us!

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

I am sure part of dealing with all that snow is a huge pain, but I say again: I'm jealous! :) Great family pic!