Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Last week, in summary

Brennan loves seeing the Chick-Fil-A cow, who seems to be at the mall food court every time we are there during the week. I was able to snap a photo of him with the cow. Over the weekend, we went to a stand alone Chick-Fil-A and Brennan really wanted to play in the playground area. I was a little nervous about letting him go in there because of the height of the play area. It's very tall - the kids have to climb to the ceiling level to go down the slide. I was concerned that he might get to the top and be too scared to come down. I didn't want to have to climb in that mousetrap looking play area to rescue him. However, I couldn't have been more wrong. After climbing up and sliding down a bunch of times, we had to fight him to leave!

Brennan continues to enjoy helping me cook. Salad seems to be one of the safest things he can help me make. He likes to push the button on the salad spinner, then helps put the lettuce into the salad bowl, along with whatever salad topping I have for the day. He usually munches on croutons as he makes the salad. While he doesn't really like cherry tomatoes, he does like to half bite them and then decide not to eat them. It's lovely. Don't worry, when we have company, I intercept the half bitten ones from making their way into the bowl!

Here we are at the playground near Wegmans. Brennan's latest thing is to hang from his arms before sliding, if the slide has a bar above it, or on tube slides. Although this photo doesn't capture it, he lifts his feet up and hangs in mid-air before slding down.

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Aw, it's good that Bren likes to help cook. I'd eat his bitten cherry tomatoes. :) We'll have to talk dates; I'd like to get together this fall, and I'm not above inviting myself. hahaha I'd like to spend time at the Museum of American History. I'm also not above bringing my mother-in-law as a helper, because *I* want to see things too!