Friday, September 3, 2010

What Happened to August?

I think this is the first time that I let a month go by without posting anything. Our big August event was going to Long Island for 10 days. Towards the end of our vacation, I envisioned four new blog posts that I was going to write when I got home; the titles were going to be: Trip to Fire Island, Hanging out with my Family, Hanging out with Brian's Family and Adventures with the Dubins. Unfortunately, when I got home, I was not able to find my camera. It has not turned up since. I have been feeling really sad about all of my lost photos. I just couldn't face the blog. I felt like writing about it here meant conceding that they are gone. I am praying the camera will somehow come back to me. But, for now, I have no vacation photos for you, or any other photos from August for that matter.

What I will tell you is that we had a great trip to NY. Brennan went to the ocean and bay beaches for the first time and loved them! We enjoyed two fabulous days at my Aunt and Uncle's beach house on Fire Island (next summer, I hope to make it a week!) While visiting my grandparents, Brennan tried to play Poppy's saxophone and managed to get a sound of the instrument. He is still saying "Poppy horn" to me. We got to see all of my aunts, uncles and cousins, which was such a treat. With Brian's family, we visited a petting zoo and went to a bounce house, where I'm not sure who was having more fun - me or Brennan! We also managed to get two good visits in with Mariah, Howie, Avery and Olivia, one of which included a trip to Splish Splash. Thanks everyone for making our trip so special!

I'm off to learn how to use my video camera to take still shots. I'm giving my camera a little more time to turn back up before I run out and get a new one. By my next post, I should have photos to share.

No comments: