Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Poop!
I mentioned in yesterday's post that Brennan has been napping without a diaper for the last 4-5 days, but what I failed to mention is that during this period, he also hasn't pooped. Normally, he has a bowel movement right after he wakes up from nap, so he had been using his diaper, but without a diaper, he was just holding it. Despite upping the reward for poop from a Hershey kiss to the bottom third of a Lindt Chocolate Snowman (and a Buzz Lightyear doll that Nana offered), he still hasn't been compelled to go. We bought a liquid suppository to help with the situation, but Brennan got really upset when we tried to use it. This morning, I woke up hoping he'd just come down with a dirty diaper - I just wanted it out of his system. No luck. So, I decided to be sneaky and use the suppository when I took his diaper off on the changing table. He didn't realize what I had done until it was too late! He was upset, but within a few minutes, was on the potty taking care of business. Afterwards, he was all smiles and said, "tushy medicine good! So happy!" Unfortunately, he's now been hinting at needing the "tushy medicine" to make a poop, which may be another hurdle to tackle, but at least he got that first big poop on the potty out of the way! Progress. Here he is enjoying his reward at 7 AM - so much for breakfast today, but I had to keep my promise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
All's fair in love and patty-training! :) Just a thought: our pediatrician suggested putting a diaper down in the potty to see if that might help. ?? Pog just kind of got over it on her own, but she wasn't holding it -- she'd just go in her underwear.
Post a Comment