Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Fun Around the House
We've been getting into a little bit more of a routine now, but are still spending most of our time at home. I try to get us out once a day, even if it's just to a store, but it doesn't always happen. Brennan has become quite a chatterbox and comes up with all sorts of cute things to say. I want to put a blog post together capturing some of his sayings so that I don't forget them. Brennan has been making up games to play and songs to sing. It's fun to see him prompt imaginative play. Tyler is starting to enjoy, or at least tolerate his bath, without tears. He's big enough now to sit in his tub comfortably.
A few mornings ago, Brennan headed downstairs ahead of me and this is how I found him. He assured me, "Don't worry Mommy, I'm safe," and continued to sit in the basket for a while and play with his Leap Frog Scribble & Write toy, that he received for his birthday from Uncle Tuck and Debbie.
I've discovered that putting Tyler in this sling almost instantly lulls him to sleep. Brian gave it a try this weekend and it worked for him just as well as it does for me.
Anytime Brennan sees me taking a picture of Tyler, he wants in, but doesn't really want to cooperate by smiling. At least in the photo below he isn't sucking his thumb and picking his nose simultaneously, which is what I usually get in my photos. The funny thing about this photo is the baby monitor sitting on the Boppy pillow. Last week, I left Brennan eating while I went up to check on Tyler, who was upstairs napping. I spoke into the monitor and said something like, "Brennan, please keep eating. Mommy will be down soon." I noticed how he responded. He was amazed that a "voice" talked to him. Brennan calls the monitor a microphone and wants to keep it on all day because he is waiting to hear the girl's voice, but doesn't realize it's me. I try to sneak away on occasion to keep the mystery of the voice alive! He carries the monitor around with him quite a bit.
Here is a cute picture of Tyler, zonked out on the couch. He's really starting to fill out and even has a little thigh chub now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Meg, that baby monitor voice story cracked me up! love you.
I see that baby chub starting. YAY!! And yes, the baby monitor story is hysterical!
Post a Comment