Monday, December 19, 2011

Play That Funky Music

Tyler has been practicing sitting up with support and I realized that his sound and music stage would give him just the support he needs to steady himself when sitting upright.  He has really taken to the toy and loves pounding on the piano keys and drum set.  Every time he fell backwards (the Boppy pillow was there to soften the landing), he would start to kick on the toy with his feet to continue to make music. 
We've moved from rice cereal to oatmeal and multi-grain cereals.  Tyler has been loving them and eats like a champ.  On a whim, I let him try mashed avocado, but he didn't seem thrilled.  I know I have to try many times before we'll know if he likes it or not, but I'm not pushing it for now.  I plan to start with yellow vegetables in January.  It's almost time to get my Beaba baby food maker out.  I'm looking forward to introducing foods to Tyler is a way that I wasn't with Brennan.  I guess I'm just less nervous and feeling more adventurous with baby #2!
Last Friday, Brennan had his school Christmas Program.  Each of the classes played a different role in the story and Brennan's classmates were mice.  My flash didn't carry in the big sanctuary, so my pictures were awful.  The story was about a tiny fur tree that wanted to be someone's special Christmas tree.  The big and medium sized trees got taken home by families looking for the perfect tree, but the tiny tree wasn't chosen.  He was sad, so the forest animals decorated him so that he could still feel like a beautiful Christmas tree, even though he remained in the forest.  It was a very cute story.  The preschool director narrated the story while the kids sang the songs.
In other news, Regina and her adorable baby, Frankie, came for a visit on Wednesday.  On Saturday, I had to put my foot down and push Brennan to let me cut his hair.  He's been procrastinating for over a month now and he was starting to grow a tail - it was ridiculous.  He insisted I use the buzzer, instead of a scissor, and I have no experience with doing a proper fade, so it's far from perfect, but it's better than it was before!  He cried the entire time I cut his hair and we had to keep taking breaks to wipe his nose and brush the hair off his hands and neck.  I was just as happy as he was to be done with the cut!  Later that day, on a happier note, Brian took Brennan to see his first movie in the theater: Happy Feet 2.  They got popcorn and M&Ms to snack on.  Brennan loved the experience and was thrilled to spend one on one time with Brian.  December has gone by fast.  My shopping (and wrapping) is just about done.  Can't believe we're just 6 days away until Christmas!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Big steps all around. Go Tyler. The second baby sure is different, isn't it?