Friday, January 13, 2012

Well Baby, Sick Baby

Tyler went for his 6 month well baby check-up today.  He weighed in at 16.1 pounds (41%) and is 28 inches long (93%.)  That is a two pound gain and an inch and a half longer than last time.  He is maintaining his percentages pretty well, but I was expecting him to weigh more, especially given how much he is eating.  The doctor was pleased with his development, everything is on track.  He is sitting up, reaching for toys and trying to grasp them.  During the appointment, Tyler transferred a tongue depressor from one hand to the other, a skill she had asked me about that I hadn't seen him do before.  He didn't enjoy getting three shots today and had a big spit up after taking the oral rotavirus booster, but he is calm, home and sleeping now!

Brennan was a little sick guy yesterday.  We met Regina at Tysons Corner Mall and within the first 15 minutes of being there, Brennan puked in Macy's.  As soon as I got him and the stroller cleaned up, he threw up again.  Take 2.  Cleaned him and stroller again and basically ran out of the mall as quickly as I could!  Round 3 happened in the car ride home (into a bag) and he crashed when we got home.  By bedtime last night, Brennan seemed to be feeling better, but was still running a low-grade fever.  We had a little incident in the middle of the night, but  this morning, Brennan seems to be back to his usual self.  He stayed home from school today - Brian stayed with him while I took Tyler for his appointment.  Hopefully he'll be in the clear today.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Poor Brenn! I hope he's feeling well by now. And good growing, Tyler! :)