Friday, January 27, 2012

A Whole Lot of Nothing Exciting

The last two weeks feel like they flew by in a blur.  Brennan recovered from his little tummy ailment in about a day, but then ended up with a cough last week.  When we went to the dentist on Tuesday, he sounded a little congested, but I didn't think too much of it.  He did great at the dentist, but as we rounded into Wednesday, he was started to get a cough.  By Thursday, his cough was worse, he was wheezing a little bit, he was running a fever and he looked like he wasn't able to take full breaths.  I brought him into the doctor, who sent us home with antibiotics and a nebulizer.  After round the clock nebulizer treatments, Brennan was breathing easier and by Saturday, his fever broke.  We headed back to the doctor on Monday for one last check-up and he was in the clear.  Thankfully, my mom was in town all last week, so she pretty much cared for Tyler while I was on Brennan duty.  Tyler seems to have escaped unscathed, so I am thankful for that!
While Brennan was sick, we didn't get out too much, so everyone was feeling a bit of cabin fever.  We've had a few warmer days since then and have taken advantage of getting outside to get some fresh air.  Brennan even got to ride his bike a little in the neighborhood, while I walked next to him with Tyler in the BOB.  I can already tell that this will be good exercise in the spring!
Tyler is getting quite good at sitting up on his own and he is really interested in playing with different toys.  He's been checking out the toys in the basement, which has forced Brennan to face the reality of having to share "his" toys with his little brother.  He will soon have to face the fact that "his" toys aren't just his own anymore!

No comments: