On Wednesday, while Brennan was at school, Tyler and I headed out for a walk. He is sporting a new pair of sneakers. Stride Rite is having their buy 1, get 1 half off sale. I stopped at the outlets to try my luck before buying retail and it was worth it! I got 4 pairs of stride rite shoes for $100! Brennan got three new pairs that will take him through the summer (he is wearing size 12.5 now) and Tyler got his first pair of sneakers.
Tyler is such a happy guy. He loves his new independence and is crawling around everywhere, exploring his world from a new point of view. He's not sure what to think about grass though and sort of grimaces and pulls his hands away when he touches it! A shady spot in the driveway seemed to suit him just fine!
I took the boys out for our first wagon ride of the season. It was Tyler's first wagon ride ever and he loved it! The wagon and some of our other ride on toys were gifts Brennan got for his first birthday. I wasn't sure if 8 months was too young for the wagon, since it just has a lap belt and essentially requires the rider to support himself sitting in a very upright position, but Tyler did great. He had a huge smile on his face. For much of the ride, was waving his arms in the air while screeching - kind of like what you might do on a roller coaster. He seemed thrilled. Next, I've got to try the push car with him - I think he'll love it!
Tyler has been off and on with drinking milk. He often gets most of his milk mixed with oatmeal, but this week, he's been drinking one five ounce bottle a day. Although he certainly could hold the bottle himself, he refuses to do so. While he was in the middle of his bottle yesterday, I had to get up and adjust the oven temperature for a quiche I was baking, so I propped the bottle up with a toy. It seemed to the do the trick and he kept on drinking.
I had the morning off from preschool drop-off today because school was having an event for dads: Donuts and Devotions with Dad. Brennan was very excited that Brian was bringing him to school and that they were going to get to have donuts together! Brennan is also the line leader today and brought in Charlie, his remote control monkey, for show and tell.






No comments:
Post a Comment