Friday, August 3, 2012

1st and 4 Year Stats

The boys went to the pediatrician on Tuesday for their annual check up.  Tyler weighed 21 lb 3 oz (only 3%) and was 32 inches long (95%.)  He is doing well developmentally - he is pointing, self feeding, imitating sounds, playing peek-a-boo and walking with assistance.  This week, he also started taking 5-10 independent steps at a time.  He'll be walking before we know it!  He is also crawling the down the stairs successfully.
Brennan weighed 41 pounds (75%) and was 43.25 inches (3ft 7.25 inches) tall (95%.)  During his visit, he was tested for color blindness and had a vision test.  He had to wear glasses that blocked one eye at a time while reading an eye chart.  His vision wasn't perfect, but the doctor didn't think we needed to see an eye doctor yet, unless I see him squinting to see things or he starts complaining about having trouble seeing things.  We'll see how he does next year and decide from there if he needs to see a specialist.  On the topic of specialists, I told the doctor about Brennan's allergic reactions to peanuts (he's had topical reactions and a swollen/itchy face) and we will be heading to an allergist to have him tested.  Brennan got three shots and I was told that these would be the last shots, other than flu, that he would need until he is 11!  I thought that was great news.
Tyler was due for three shots as well, but we had to delay until next week because he was running a fever.  The month of July has been such a wash for us because it's been one illness after the next.  Just as the kids recovered from hand, foot and mouth disease, Brennan went to camp and then came down with the enterovirus, which caused him to have a high fever (103.7) and a cough.  Tyler has been teething and running a low grade fever for over a week.  I believe he's had a minor sore throat as well, that I seem to have now caught.  This morning, the boys seem to be doing a lot better!  Hopefully we'll have a chance to enjoy some pool time in August!

No comments: