Thursday, August 16, 2012

Visitor Central

We've had a chance to see a lot of friends and family over the last week.  My parents were in town for a few days last week.  After they left, I had a couple of days to prepare for a round of playdates that were coming our way.  On Saturday, we took a a trip to Volcano Island (the pool) with Joanie, Evan and Dylan.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures, but we were having a great time until Brennan had a complete melt down about a lady bug.  I can't really explain what happened because I'm not sure, but we had to cut our trip short and head home.  On Sunday, Uncle Tuck and Debbie were in town with my youngest cousins, Matthew and Kaia.  Tyler and Kaia were definitely curious about each other!
The beautiful Tyson-Ramirez family.  Matthew and Kaia are the closest in age to Brennan and Tyler than any other cousin on my side, so I hope that the kids will come to know each other as they grow up.
On Monday, my girlfriend, Ashley, came over with Claire and Lucas.  They had missed Brennan's birthday party and we had missed Claire's, so the kids exchanged gifts.  We had such a nice time together!  Lucas is right in the action with the big kids now.
Yesterday, we went to a music playdate for Tyler at a preschool friend's house.  Afterwards, Brennan's preschool friend, Carter, came over with his brother, baby sister and mom.  The boys pretended to be a super hero squad: a knight, a super hero with smash fists and a pirate!
Things are quieting down for a couple of days now and we are getting ready for Debby's wedding next weekend!

No comments: