Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Weathering the Storm

Thankfully, Hurricane Sandy didn't turn out to be too much of an event for us in Northern VA. School was closed for two days though and with cold, wet weather, we found ourselves inside quite a bit.  On Monday morning, we brought in our pumpkins and did a little carving.  I was very impressed with Brennan's ability to clean the inside of a pumpkin out.  It took him a while, but he separated the seeds from the stingy pulp and did a pretty good job.
Obviously, I did the carving part, but he designed what he wanted the faces to look like on the white board and I tried to replicate it (to some degree) on the pumpkin.
To keep Tyler entertained while we worked on the pumpkins, I turned on some music and let T dance.  He loves bopping around and will spin, clap and do wheels on the bus when that song comes on.  I tried to get a video, but all he wanted to do was stop dancing and run straight for the camera anytime it was in my hand.
We actually did try to go for an outing yesterday before the storm hit.  We planned to have lunch with friends at the mall, but that didn't work out because just as we arrived at the mall, we found out that it was closing at 1 pm.  So, we hit the drive through and went to our friend's house for a couple of hours instead.  Given that bust of an outing yesterday, I decided to stick close to the house today.  We did laundry this afternoon, which involves tossing all the dirty clothes downstairs - a task that both boys are pretty helpful with.  Brennan always like to roll around in the pile of clothing before it goes into the washing machine, and lately, piles clothes all over T.  Tyler didn't know what was coming for him in the photo below.   In truth, the boys are playing pretty nicely together these days!  Brennan has been quite helpful with little T and I do appreciate that!

1 comment:

Sara said...

You are so much fun! Carving pumpkins is something I don't do.