Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Party

Thankfully, school was back open on Halloween!  Here is a photo of Brennan's class, with a few adorable younger siblings as well!
A few moms participated in organizing the party.  We had 4 centers for the kids to rotate through (cookie decorating, treat bag decorating, mummy bowling and the touchy/feely sensory house.)  I made the sensory house.  The kids had to open the door and windows to reach in and feel something icky.  I showed them a page of items that could be in each opening and they were supposed to try to figure out what was inside.  I used carrots for fingers, pumpkin seeds for finger nails, jello for boogers, grapes for eyeballs, rubber snakes and a soak and grow toy as a tongue.  It didn't go quite as well as I had hoped.  A bunch of kids were scared to reach in, despite my assurance that the items weren't real.  Others were willing to reach in, but only a couple of kids were really able to grasp concept of the activity.  I think this idea is better for an older group!
 
Tyler wanted to reach in the house, and I kept trying to keep him out of.  He finally resorted to entertaining himself by hiding behind the house and popping out.

After the party, the kids from all the classes paraded around the front circle of the school.  Tyler joined in on the second round and Brennan held his hand to guide him around.  My little dynamic duo.

1 comment:

Sara said...

That house is awesome! Great job!