Friday, December 20, 2013

Holiday Fun at School

Tyler only goes to school on Fridays, and his preschool started their Christmas vacation today, so last week, 12/13, was Tyler's Christmas party.  I had signed up to organize this party, so I got to spend a little time in his class that day.  In preparation for the party, I made my first trip to the Dollar Tree to pick up some party supplies and couldn't believe what I found there... those adorable Santa headbands were just one of many cute things I found!
Planning a party for two year olds is a little tricky because the kids don't have much of an attention span and don't really follow activity instructions.  I planned two very simple crafts and an ornament toss game, pictured below, which turned out to be a hit!  There were bells hanging down from the wreath's bow and the kids had to try to ring the bells by throwing the ornaments (huge, decorated foam ornaments from Dollar Tree!)  They seemed to really be into it.  Tyler's teachers kept the game to use with their other classes this week.  I picked it up yesterday to bring to church for our Toddler class this week!
Since school was off today, Tyler's class was invited to come to school on Wednesday to participate in the Christmas Program.  Tyler's class dressed as reindeer.  The play was about the smallest Christmas tree, but I didn't get it on video this year.  I had a fairly hard time even getting a good picture of Tyler during the show, but included a cute video below of the children singing Feliz Navidad.  Tyler got into it and was clapping away.  It was very cute.



Afterwards, there was a cookie reception and the kids ate more brownie bites, oreos and goldfish than they should have and ended up skipping lunch.
Brennan had his winter party at school on Thursday.  Tyler came along and really enjoyed the Winter Bingo station.  He stayed at this station for almost three full rotations, which was extremely helpful to me as I moved around with Brennan.
Brennan played bingo, created a hand-print reindeer ornament, made reindeer snacks and made a cute marshmallow snowman.  This party was better organized and more fun than the last one.  He is wearing pajamas because that was the reward his class chose for receiving compliments (it's a reward system his school does... I honestly am not sure how it works.)  I suggested he wear Christmas pajamas, but he insisted on the skeletons.
Today, Brennan came home from school with this gift for us.  He wanted me to open it right away.  I thought it was just adorable!
Tyler's teacher sent home two ornaments - a photo snowflake and a reindeer thumbprint.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Those are some great crafts and activities! We have your card hanging up in our kitchen, and I can't tell you how many people commented on Tyler's gorgeous eyes. :)