Saturday, December 6, 2014

Gingerbread Houses

On December 1, our elf, Ogre, arrived on the scene.  His little sign said, "Hi Boys, I'm back!"  Though he usually doesn't come bearing presents, this year, he brought the boys gingerbread houses.  Last year, Brennan wanted to decorate a gingerbread house all season and I forgot to buy one before it was too late.  I happen to run into Trader Joes a couple of weeks ago and saw these kits and decided to pick them up right away.
The boys were really excited to make the houses.  For Brennan, I helped him get the first half of his roof up and he was able to do the rest on his own.  Obviously, I was more involved with Tyler's project, but did my best to follow his lead.
I loved that these houses came with sugar people!  I also liked that their shape was more triangular.  I thought the simple shape would be easier for the kids, which proved to be true.  Everything in the kit was nice and fresh.  Even the gingerbread pieces were slightly soft.  Since making the houses, the boys have  been nibbling the candy off.  Glad I got pictures while they were fresh!