As I mentioned in December, our elf, Ogre, arrived on December 1. This year, I noticed a lot of mommy outrage on Facebook and the blogs about the Elf and how pinteresty moms are putting so much pressure on other moms to do over the top creative stuff with their elf. Please know I am not doing Elf on the Shelf because I think I need to be super mom. I do this because Brennan really loves it and I don't feel like it's a big deal to continue the tradition. I have not "hacked" my elf. I position his arms with sewing pins and tape. His hat in one photo was a $1.50 ornament I found at Michaels. I also got him a sweater that way! Woo hoo! This year, I didn't have a plan on what to do with the elf day over day. I kind of played it by ear and it worked out well. Ogre was a little less mischievous this year because I didn't want a mess to clean up every day. Brennan is already questioning if Santa is real, so who knows if this will be our last real year of our elf. Here are some moments with Ogre from 2014.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
It looks like a wonderful Christmas and start to 2015. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment