
Yesterday was quite a day for us. I recently started running out of space in my freezer for milk so I decided to try to donate it. There was no way I was going to dump it after taking the time to pump it. I linked up with a site called
Milk Share and managed to find a semi-local woman to donate to. Her daughter was labeled 'failure to thrive' after not gaining weight due to what seemed to be some kind of allergy to formula. The mom lost her milk supply after dealing with latch issues, breast infections and stress. She lives outside of
Charlottesville and Brian, Brennan and I met her husband at the half way point yesterday to donate 425 ounces of milk. Before getting on the road, we dropped Brian's car off at the dealership for maintenance work. On our way back, we stopped to have lunch at a little Irish Pub (where I got these great shots of Brian and Brennan) to kill some time, hoping that Brian's car would be ready when we made it back to Northern VA. Unfortunately, it wasn't, and with two more hours to kill, we stopped at Fair Oaks Mall for a little bit. Around 3:45, the dealership called to say they weren't going to have the car ready that day. So, I dropped Brian off to pick up a loaner vehicle and headed home. It was a long day for all of us... we had left the house around 9:20 and didn't get back until 4:30. I think poor Brennan had enough of the car for one day!

We are taking it easy at home today. I am doing a little cleaning in preparation for Thanksgiving and Brennan is enjoying being on a normal eating/playing/napping schedule. Brian's parents are coming for Thanksgiving, so this will be my first time hosting Thanksgiving. I think it will be nice, we have the menu all set! Speaking of menus, Brennan hasn't been that excited about rice cereal, so haven't pushed it too much. But, we bought baby oatmeal, hoping he might show more interest in that, since it has a nicer flavor. We gave it a shot today, here is the video. What do you think? I'm not sure we have a winner yet, but we'll keep working on it. I think he liked the oatmeal a little better than the rice cereal.
4 comments:
I'm glad you found someone to donate to! That is awesome!!! Great picas and video.
These photos are priceless... I absolutely love the shots with Brian and Brennan at the Irish Pub. I want to cry! It is so amazing to see how fast Brennan is growing! I miss you all so much and cannot wait to be with you again (Christmas cannot come fast enough!).
I love you Meg, Bri and Brennan!
xoxo,
Aunt Deb :)
WOW! Brennan is so cute! I love the shots of him and Brian. Love!
Brennan is the cutest boy ever! These photos in the pub are gorgeous. He looks like a little Brian!
Post a Comment