Friday, December 19, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas

Prior to Thanksgiving, I was having trouble getting my head around Christmas shopping this year. With a baby, full time job and a house to maintain, when was I supposed to find time to shop?! But, I started hitting the mall at lunch, trying to knock out a gift a day and I actually did pretty well. Between my mall runs and online shopping, I am just about done. At the urging of my neighbors, I put lights out on the exterior of our house, but we took the lazy route this year and did not put a tree up. Oh well! Next year, Brennan will be more aware and we'll do a tree. One of our neighbors had a Christmas party on Saturday night and we had a babysitter come to watch Brennan. The babysitter is my coworker's daughter. She did well and so did Brennan. He took his bottle and went to bed pretty easily for her! Speaking of sleeping, here is the little sleepy head in the morning after breakfast. Thankfully, this is how I am usually able to get ready in the morning!

Last weekend, I help collect over 900 ounces of milk from a bunch of moms in DC and Arlington for the baby in Charlottesville that I have been donating to. Now, the baby has enough breastmilk to take her into the new year! I was so excited to see how generous these women were. I think that God's hand is on this baby's life and I am praying that he'll keep donations coming!

The weekend before last, we went to a get together with some of the mom's from the group that I used to attend when on maternity leave. It was fun to see how much the other babies had grown over the last two months, since I last saw them. Here is a little shot of Brennan "playing" with his little buddies.

We are heading to NY tonight. It'll be Brennan's first trip to Long Island. I am really looking forward to everyone meeting him. We are staying at Mariah and Howie's house the first night we're up and will spend much of Saturday with them. I can't wait to meet the twins! I was getting Brennan's bath ready this morning and needed to put him down while I got his towel out of the dryer. I was trying to be quick, so I just plopped him in the laundry sorter... I thought he just looked so adorable, so I had to take a picture. He now is all clean, packed and ready to hit the road!


2 comments:

Lexi Hutter said...

Have a great time on Long Island! Merry Christmas!

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

*SO* cute! I can't believe how big he is getting. I hope we can all get together in the spring. You're good to put lights up outside -- I think that's more difficult and time consuming than a tree. I got one outside tree done. Oh well. Better than none! :)