Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Routine

While in NY, our routine will likely be a little different, but on a normal weekday, I get up around 5:30 and hop in the shower. The little guy is awake by then, but he's content, so I don't go into his room until 6. Once I get him up, I change and dress him, then he eats breakfast. After he eats, we usually read together. Brennan's favorite books are Dr. Seuss's 'Foot Book', 'Brown Bear Brown Bear' and 'Are You My Mother?' I encourage him to hold the books himself as seen below, but that usually results in him closing the book and chewing on it! After a few books, he is usually ready to doze off and I finish getting ready.

I drop him off at daycare around 8 and Brian picks him up around 4. It gives Brennan two hours of Daddy-time everyday, which is nice. Brian tells me that they usually do tummy time together, with Brian doing push-ups to make Brennan laugh (as seen in the video below.) I am normally home around 6, in time to feed the little guy and put him to bed by 7. Then, we get prepared to start the routine all over again the next day. It may sound mundane, but I am really happy with how life is working out for us!

2 comments:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

I love how you can see Brian's shadow. haha Brennan is so cute. What a good little sleeper he is!!

Anonymous said...

Brennan is so adorable. I can see he was trying to do some push ups!