This weekend felt like it went by in a flash. On Saturday morning, Brennan and I went to the Cascades Library for Baby Storytime with my friend, Joanie, and her baby, Evan. It was more of a sing-along with one story at the end. I think Brennan had fun. We all went for lunch afterwards at the mall, and Brennan totally missed his late morning nap. Now that he's getting older and more interested in his surroundings, he doesn't easily fall asleep while we are out. Instead of dozing off in his stroller at the mall, he was looking around everywhere! That sort of threw him off for the rest of the day, but we did manage to keep him happy enough to go out for dinner. He sat in the restaurant high chair and even ate some oatmeal and sweet potatoes while we waited for our meal to come out.
On Sunday, we went to church and ran errands, getting home just in time to put the game on. Brennan seemed a little off his game and that continued into Monday. He was running a low grade fever, maybe due to teething. He didn't really want to play in his jumperoo or excersaucer and started crying when playing with a musical toy that he usually loves. This morning though, he seemed to be in better spirits and his temperature was back to normal, so hopefully we've turned the corner.
Our neighbor gave us a Tickle Me Elmo doll a few months ago. I took it out of the box yesterday. I thought Brennan might like it - a red doll that giggles and shakes. I sat on the floor with Brennan and turned it on. Well, to my surprise, it made a big motion, bending at the waist. Its head came down directly towards Brennan. It scared the little guy. He started crying and held onto me tightly - I could feel that he was shaking. I played the Elmo a few times, keeping a safer distance and holding onto Brennan, so he could see it wasn't scary, but I don't think I won him over. This doll is a little freaky, it almost seems alive. I found a video of it on YouTube to share with you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4x-VW_rCSE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh dear. I didn't realize it did all that. Poor Brennan!
Post a Comment