Sunday, March 15, 2009

Eating Pancakes

Brennan has become quite the little eater. He doesn't drink as much milk as he used to, but he really enjoys solid foods. I haven't done a lot of finger foods with him yet though. We've been sticking to the cereals and pureed foods, but I know I need to start working on giving him food to eat with his hands. This weekend, we were eating pancakes and I thought he might like to give them a try. It's definitely a little messy to let him feed himself, we had a nice sprinkling of pancake all over the floor, but I think he enjoyed it. He has 5 teeth now, so I'm feeling more confident in his ability to bite and even do a little chewing (although, it's all front teeth, so he's still mostly gumming food!)

3 comments:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

So cute! Meg only has 4 teeth still, and I'm amazed at what she can eat. You need a dog to help clean up. :) hahaha

Joanie said...

Wow, 5 teeth! He didn't have any when I saw you guys in January. That's amazing! He's been a busy little guy! Evan still just has two on the bottom but I can see two on the top in the works. He hasn't had any table food yet. I guess pancakes would be a pretty good thing to start with.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Big man! He will enjoy more solid food!