Friday, July 30, 2010

Random

I have a bunch of random photos that I wanted to share with you.

We tried to go to the pool at Algonkian on Monday, but it was closed due to mechanical reasons, so we ended up coming home and making a little play oasis in the front yard. Brennan occupied himself between the pool and the sand and water table all morning. Since I had all of our food packed for the pool, we even had a picnic lunch outside!

Brennan quickly discovered that throwing a large ball, instead of kicking a small soccer ball, into the target was a more effective way of hitting it. (The target cheers when you hit it.)

Artist at work! Brennan loves painting and asks to paint almost everyday. He also enjoys his ability to draw and erase with chalk on the other side of his art easel. Erasing was a new and very exciting concept for him!

The train set is another new favorite that we play with everyday. This is one toy that he really has trouble sharing with others, including me! We are working on it though. (This photo also gives you a glimse of my wild orange wall in the playroom.)

Lastly, Brennan burned his finger this week. While helping me make dinner, he put his pointer finger directly on the burner on the stovetop. Here he is continuing to recover after bath time, with his hand in a bowl of ice water. He is doing much better now. The blister already fell off and his finger is almost fully recovered. Thankfully, he didn't end up with any fear of the stove and continues to insist that he help while I cook. Less trusting now, I give him assignments that are farther away from the stove.

1 comment:

Shannan & Wes said...

Oh my, he's TOO CUTE! I love your blog, thanks so much for sharing.

Hugs from Tennessee.