Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fun around the House

Brennan recently got the book, If you give a Cat a Cupcake, and has been asking for cupcakes ever since. This coincided right around the time our neighbor's daughter was turning five. As soon as I told him it was Sydney's birthday, Brennan immediately said, "Syd blow," meaning Sydney blow out candles. I thought it was remarkable that he associated the word birthday with blowing out candles. Soon he was saying, "cupcake Syd blow." I decided to indulge him one afternoon and we made cupcakes and brought a few over to Sydney.

Brennan had never really taken much of an interest in Brian mowing the grass, but Brian came home from work early one day last week to mow and Brennan wanted to get in on the action. He followed Brian around the yard the entire time he was mowing.

A month or so ago, we had a large tree cut down in our back yard. The top of it had died and I thought it could be trimmed and revived, but the tree guys thought that too much of it was dead for it to recover. I didn't want to live with the worry of a large dying tree right near the house, so, I had them chop it down. I was not expecting to loose the tree and was pretty sad to see it go. Every time Brennan sees the pile of wood, he says "sad tree." Once the wood dries out a little more, Brian will split it for use in the fireplace.

Our neighbors got a trampoline a few weeks ago and we have been taking advantage of playing on it. Brennan is finally able to get a little air when he jumps.

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

What fun things you've been up to! :)