Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ode to Brennan

I know I've been focused on Tyler's milestones, but Brennan is getting to be such a big boy as well. He has matured a lot since starting preschool in September and I adore seeing his growth. He is a great helper. He is pretty good about sharing and taking turns. He is loving towards Tyler, which lights Tyler right up with a huge smile.  I was visibly frustrated about something this week and Brennan came right up to me, with arms wide open for a hug and said, "it's okay, I love you Mom."  What a sweetheart.  He melts my heart sometimes! 
The other morning, I came down and found Brennan sitting at the table with a plated pancake in front of him.  To my surprise, he had taken a left over pancake out of the fridge, gotten a plate out of the cabinet, warmed it in the microwave and took out silverware.  He was patiently waiting for me to come down and cut it.  I thought he did great!  And, amazingly, he didn't overcook his pancake!  In the video below, he is showing off the days of the week song and the ABC song.  I don't know why, but I never really worked on teaching him the ABCs in order.  He went to school knowing his letters, but not knowing the song.  You'll see that he is still working on it!

1 comment:

Sara said...

What a big boy! Great job, Brennan!