Saturday, October 12, 2013

Adventures in NYC

Last Friday, Brennan and I headed up to NYC to visit Uncle Pete and Aunt Meg.  Meg and I had a baby shower to attend on Long Island on Saturday, which gave Peter the day to enjoy with Brennan.  Brennan had been wanting to go into the city to see skyscrapers and ride the subway.  He was also very curious about what apartment was living was like - he couldn't understand why Uncle Pete and Aunt Meg didn't live in a house, and instead lived in a "teenie tiny" apartment (his words, not mine... their apartment is actually pretty spacious!)  Saturday morning, Pete and Brennan set out on their adventure.  FAO Schwartz was the first stop.
Brennan really enjoyed the Lego section of the store.  Look closely, that Batman is made entirely of Legos!
Pete bought Brennan a new Batman Lego set, which he worked on after school all week.  I helped him here and there, but he did a lot of it on his own.  Here it is, all put together!
Pete also took Brennan to the Central Park Zoo.  Brennan has some popcorn when they stopped to watch the sea lion feeding time.  Apparently, after the popcorn was finished, Brennan insisted on wearing the bowl as a hat for much of the day.
The giant rock was quite a hit!
Not sure exactly where this dog was... in the zoo, in central park?  But, Brennan seemed to want to ride it!
The picture below is just too cute!
I don't think they went into the Met, but Pete snapped a shot of Brennan standing in front of it.
When Meg and I got back from the shower, we found Pete and Brennan sword fighting on the balcony.
As we left the city to head back to Virginia, Brennan told me that he had tears in his eyes because he was missing Uncle Pete!  It really was a great little visit and I hope we can do it again soon!  Pete and Meg, thanks for having us!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

That Batman is amazing! Bren looks very "Risky Business" with the sunglasses. :)