On Monday as Brennan's swim lesson was wrapping up, I got great news from the pool deck supervisor - Brennan was ready to be promoted to the Seal level! He had been working at Angelfish for about 8 months, so I was very happy with this news! In the Seal level, he will learn to do the freestyle stroke with breathing
We normally go grocery shopping right after swim lessons, but with the news of his promotion, he asked if we could go to a playground instead. In light of this achievement, I felt like it was worth agreeing to his request and we headed over to Dinosaur (Ashburn) Park. I had never been to this park before and I couldn't believe how nice it was.
The boys had a lot of fun playing in the different play areas. The equipment was split between three sections, in a beautifully wooded lot.Brennan liked the rock wall a lot.
I ended up chatting with another mom who told me that there was a stream if I headed just a short distance down one of the trails. The boys seemed excited to see water and very willingly left the playground equipment to check it out. They collected rocks along the way.
Sure enough, there was a stream, with a little bridge passing over it and the boys were enthralled. Brennan realized pretty quickly that if he tossed something in on one side of the bridge, he could watch it pass through the other side as the current took it. (It was like 6 inches deep... nothing dangerous!)We took a bit of a nature walk along the path, but the favorite part was to stop by the water's edge and throw in rocks! It was such a nice park trip, we will definitely have to go here again!








No comments:
Post a Comment