Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day

On the Friday before Mother's Day, I headed into Tyler's school for the Mother's Day Tea. Since Brennan gets out of school at 10:50, he got to come with me. It was a lovely time.
My girlfriend, Sandra, also has a daughter in Tyler's class. She and I met two years ago, when Brennan and her older daughter started preschool together.
We all had an assigned place at the table with a gift that the children had made and a questionnaire that had been asked of each child. Tyler's really cracked me up. I can't believe "beer and wine" came out of his mouth as his response to what Mommy loves to drink. For the record, he has answered, "iced tea," every time I've asked him that question since!
 
Here are the crafts that Brennan and Tyler made me for Mother's Day.  Tyler's is the hand-print on a tile, Brennan made the other two at school.  He also made a beaded bracelet for me at the craft table.  I thought that was very sweet because instead of choosing the Lego center for his free center day, which he usually does, he chose the craft table so he could make it for me.
Brian really impressed me this year. He got the kids organized to make a hand-print canvas frame for me. Brian and the boys made me feel very special.  Thank you guys!  I love you!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I am glad you had such a nice Mother's Day! You certainly deserve it. :)