Sunday, October 5, 2008

Enjoying the Weekend

This weekend's weather was beautiful. It was sunny and in the 70's, perfect to spend some time outside. We went to the outlets on Saturday to walk around and it was packed! Everyone must have been thinking the same thing. This morning, we met my college friend, Cindy, and her husband, Steve, for breakfast in Arlington. They live just outside of Boston and were in town for the weekend. It had been about two years since we last saw each other, so it was nice to catch up.

After getting some laundry done, Brian and I took Brennan out for a walk on the W&OD trail. It was good to get some exercise, but walking on that trail in Sterling is really unsatisfying! We normally hit the trail on bikes, which allows us to cover a good distance, but at a walking pace, you don't cover much ground and there isn't much to look at. It's like walking the Jersey Turnpike... a straight road with not much on either side! I think I'll stick to walking through neighborhoods from now on!

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Glad to read that you are doing OK with going back to work. Had a small scale milk loss here. :( I hope you find some place for a *good* walk soon!