Friday, October 9, 2009

Hanging Out in Richmond

Brennan is becoming quite the little traveler. Last Friday, he and I headed to Tom and Denise's in Richmond for a night. They have a 4 year old daughter and a son who is 6 months older than Brennan. Brennan really enjoyed playing in their large yard. He loved the "rock" wall and repeatedly climbed up it, and made his way down on the slide.

We went to the Richmond Zoo on Saturday, which was a lot of fun. It was smaller than the DC Zoo, but bigger than the Reston Zoo. This time, Brennan had no qualms about feeding the animals. He had a blast with the farm animals that were there to be fed. I did my best to keep him from putting his hand too far into their mouths! Thank God for hand sanitizer!

If you have never seen a Giraffe's tongue, please look closely at the picture on the left, where the huge tongue is going into my cup of food. I never knew that Giraffes had huge black tongues. Despite being a little stand-offish at first, Brennan soon jumped in and started feeding the Giraffes. The Giraffe kept wrapping its tongue around Brennan's hand and arm and he was laughing quite a bit. If Denise got any shots of the Giraffe tongue on his arm, I will post that later. After the zoo, we headed back to Tom and Denise's for a nap and dinner, and then hit the road to head back home to Brian. This coming weekend will be much more low key and we will be staying close to home.

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

You are just on the go go go! I got your call on Friday -- we were in NY for a bit. I got to feed a giraffe once, and I was surprised about their tongues too.