When we first came in, there was a haystack for the kids to play on. It resembled a small pyramid, although it didn't go all the way to a point (keep this mind to help visualize what I am about to describe.) Underneath the haystack was a maze type thing that the kids could run in. The deeper you went into the "maze," the closer you were to the bottom section of the pyramid, so the ceiling was extremely low to the ground - not much taller than one bale of hay. Brennan was having a grand time running around the maze and decided to go as deep as he could into the structure and take a seat. He seemed to get comfortable and started to suck his thumb. Brian tried to coax him out, but Brennan wouldn't budge, so poor Brian had to go in. He had to army crawl, flat on the ground to get Brennan out. I'm glad he was able to get in there, because I felt claustrophobic looking at the space (something I had never felt before.) I wish I could have gotten pictures of this, but I couldn't position myself to get a good shot without crawling in myself.
There were a few slides that required we ride down on potato sacks. Brennan had to ride with us on these slides and we had a lot of fun going down together. Brennan would scream with excitement as we slid down these larger slides. When we got to the bottom, he would immediately ask for more.
We were all pretty beat after this and were couch potatoes for the rest of the day! That evening though, before bath time, we had a pretty exciting event at home - Brennan went pee pee on the potty for the first time. It took him a little bit by surprise, but he was thrilled to see how happy Brian and I were. He finally earned the use of toilet paper (something he always wants to play with) and was very excited to flush. He has spent countless hours sitting on the potty over the last few months, but with no actual activity ever occurring. I don't think he's fully ready for potty training, but when he asks to sit on the potty, I usually oblige. We haven't had a repeat of the big event yet, but it's a good first step!

2 comments:
You have such great things by you! Awesome. :) And hey -- you've got to start somewhere with the potty, so congratulations! :) Great news.
Whohooo! Peepy in the potty! Way to go B! Aunt Debby is SO proud of you!
Post a Comment