Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Heat Wave!

It's been HOT here. Last week, it was in the mid-80's everyday and we hit the low 90's yesterday, which is right where today is heading. Although the pools opened this weekend, they aren't open on weekdays until school gets out, so we are sticking to indoor activities until the weather lets up a bit. Although, admittedly, I am considering just sitting outside under a sprinkler :) Brennan's birthday party is coming up in 2 weeks, so Brian and I used the long weekend to make progress with our 'to-do' list. While I stayed inside working on indoor projects, Brian suffered through the heat and spent a lot of time out in the yard: trimming hedges, mowing the lawn and ripping out plants that were the landscaping handiwork of the prior owner. We did get to a friend's BBQ on Saturday afternoon, but the rest of the weekend was all work, work, work.

Brennan spent most of the weekend helping Brian with the clean-up from the yard work, coming food shopping with me and making cupcakes yesterday (his request.) These pictures were taken late last week, when he got to spend a lot of time playing in his kiddie pool. He loves his new alligator squirt toy from Nana. I like it because he can easily fill it by himself, which is an improvement over other squirt toys we have that require me to lean over and fill them up - something that is getting less and less comfortable for me as I get bigger and bigger. He is good about following the rules of not squirting people.
We also enjoyed lunch outside under the umbrella. It was warm, but there was a little breeze and I could stick my feet in the pool to cool off, as needed!

No comments: