Friday, May 13, 2011

Last Day of Tumbles

Last week was the last class of our Tumbles session. With the warm weather coming in, allowing us to get back outside to the playground, I decided not to sign up for another session. Since Brennan will start preschool in the fall, it's likely that this really was his last Tumbles class, although we may pop in for an open gym or open bounce session on occasion. Here he is, climbing up a wall mounted ladder to ring a bell.
At the last class of each session, they let the kids ride the zip line. Brennan anxiously, but patiently, waited in line for his turn to ride. He loved it!

I think Tumbles helped Brennan learn some good lessons about waiting in line and taking turns, as well as getting used to things like circle time. I am sure the skills he started building in the class will be useful when he gets to preschool in September. You might be wondering, what's next on the agenda for us this spring? Swim class! Although I was less than impressed with the swim class we took at Claude Moore last year, I decided to give it another shot and we will start a short 3 week session on May 23. It's a parent/child class that meets two mornings a week. I want to get him comfortable being back in the pool and hopefully start preparing him for independent swim classes, that he will need to start at some point in the not too distant future!

No comments: