Saturday, May 3, 2008

Back From My Baby Shower

Brian and I drove up to NY last weekend for my baby shower, which was on Saturday, April 26. My mom and mother-in-law worked together to put together a wonderful shower! The shower was at my parent's house and the decorations were a Noah's Arc/Animal/Turtle theme. It was great and went right along with our room decor. The favors were adorable little buggies filled with goodies, and I know that my father and father-in-law helped put them together. Thanks Mom and Dad Huszagh & Pecorino for putting together such a wonderful event! My grandmother and aunts helped with food, and it was all delicious - thank you all for helping. And to everyone who attended, thank you for coming out and for all of the generous gifts we received. We were only able to fit about 1/3 of the gifts in the Xterra on the drive back, but my father filled the mini-van and made a round trip from LI today with the rest (thanks Dad!). We are just starting to go through everything and will be filling the room with the wonderful baby gifts we received. I'll be posting pictures as I go. We have the furniture and the glider arrived via Fedex today, so I can't wait to put it all together (or, better stated, to watch Brian put it all together!)


I only have the photos from my mom's camera right now, and unfortunately, I didn't get as many pictures with other people on that camera, although this is a nice shot with my sister (and check out Mariah's profile behind us... her sweet twins girls are doing great!). However, I know that my in-laws got some good shots of their side of the family, as well as me with the moms and sisters, and I think Mariah got a few shots of the two of us, so I am hoping they'll pass them along so that I have more to post than just my side of the family and myself opening gifts, but for now... that's what I have to show you. I am 31 weeks along in these pictures.

3 comments:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

I have been waiting for this update. You look amazing. Your shower sounds as though it was lovely, and the favors look adorable! :)

Anonymous said...

Just what I was waiting for... You look adorable... Thanks Mom & Dad...

Shannan & Wes said...

Wow - Looks like that was an amazing baby shower! Hope you guys got a lot of what you need for baby boy. I loved looking at the pics. Megan, you look wonderful! BIG HUGS from me.