Friday, May 16, 2008

My Surprise Baby Shower at the Office


Last Wednesday (May 7) at work, my boss, Tom, and three of my coworkers, Lisa, Garland and Rashmi, threw a surprise baby shower for me. I was really touched. They had decorations, that Lisa was in charge of, including a bouquet of "flowers" made of baby socks, shower favors and a shower game where they smooshed candy bars into diapers and based on the look and smell, you had the guess the candy. Tom worked with Garland and Rashmi to order and bring in food. The cake was from Cenan's Bakery (http://www.cenansbakery.com/) in Vienna, VA and it was awesome! Garland coordinated with Brian, so he was able to come in to the office and attend the shower. They were able to keep me in the dark by having our Internal Audit team schedule a meeting with me for the time of the shower.... I had no idea what I was walking into since I would have never guessed that the audit team was in on the surprise! It was such a nice gathering and we received a lot of generous gifts. It's so nice to have this much support from my coworkers.

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

You look beautiful. It is so exciting to know you'll be meeting your baby soon. We are all looking forward to seeing you and to hearing all about your preparations. Bring photos! :)