Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hello Potty

I have not starting potty training with Brennan yet, but I have introduced him to the potty. He seems interested in the potty itself, but not very interested in going to the bathroom on it, which is fine for now. He loves the "Once Upon a Potty" DVD and dances to the Potty Song at the end of the story. He can't get enough of the book "Diapers Are Not Forever." The book "My Big Boy Potty" hasn't been quite as much of a hit though. His Bjorn Potty Seat is currently hanging out in our living room and I caught him snacking on it after church this Sunday!


(Editors Note for parents considering the Once Upon a Potty DVD: While I believe the Once Upon a Potty DVD was a worthy purchase, you might want to rent it from the library or read the Amazon reviews before you commit to it. It is disappointingly short and the graphics are really dated... it uses pac-man lettering for the credits! However, I like that it addresses anatomy - be prepared to be a little shocked - and has a catchy song with young kids sitting on potties.)

Just as I was thinking about doing a potty themed post, I caught Brennan heading for his potty seat on video. You can also hear him say dog in the beginning of the video.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I cannot seem to get this video clip to work... I tried on more than one comp too! Can you get it to work megs??