Sunday, January 17, 2010

Outside Playtime

We finally had some mild weather on Friday and Saturday. I heard heavy rain was in the forecast for today, so we made sure to get outside and enjoy it while we could. It was so nice to be outside without having to completely bundle up. And, a bonus for me is that taking outdoor photos usually means no red-eye, so that saved me a lot of a time in not having to clean up all my pictures. Brennan's blue eyes are beautiful, but they are a challenge for photos!

I took Brennan cruising in his little car. The yard is pretty muddy from all the snow melting, so we stuck to the road. After literally running him back and forth for a while, I was ready for a rest. And, Brennan wanted to push (or pull) the car himself. He has also been working on closing the seat buckle by himself. He hasn't got it yet, but has come very close. This first video isn't anything special, but I thought it was funny how he shimmied past my car to avoid the plants, after he brought the car to the garage.


After playing with the toy car, Brennan ran straight for our neighbor's back yard. He practiced his climbing skills and enjoyed zipping down the slide. He also got to see a few airplanes in the sky, which is always exciting for him.

Then, Brennan headed back to our yard to play in his own playhouse. He was not thrilled that the play telephone was covered in mud! That reminds me, I need to go get the phone from the yard and clean it off!

During my attempt to lure Brennan from the backyard into the house, so that I could start to prepare dinner, he caught a glimpse of our neighbor's Christmas lawn ornaments, across the street. He darted right for them, yelling "Apple" all the way. He tried to pull them out of the ground, but thankfully, was unsuccessful.


Hope your weekend was as action packed as ours was! I am hoping for more mild weather in the coming weeks!

No comments: