Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday


We celebrated Brennan's second birthday yesterday with a Dr. Seuss themed party. Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham are Brennan's favorite bedtime books, so when I saw the Dr. Seuss party plates with a big Cat in the Hat on them, I couldn't resist. A 5 foot cat greeted party guests as they arrived.

In the time leading up to the party, we've been practicing blowing out candles. Anytime Brennan sees candles or a lighter, he says, "blow." At the party, he was very excited to have everyone singing the happy birthday song. After it was over, he asked for more. I tried to just light the candle again to let him blow it out, but he looked at all of us, waiting for us to sing again. So, we all sang one more time.
We had 14 guests come in from New York for the weekend and a bunch of local friends join us yesterday for the party. Thank you all for coming and for the great gifts for Brennan. I'll have some updates soon showing Brennan at play with his many new toys! I think Brennan really enjoyed himself, as did Brian and I!

2 comments:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

What a great theme! It is hard to believe he is 2 already! Did Brian also want people to sing to him more than once? :)

Jamie said...

Happy 2nd birthday Brennan!!!!