Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cold Play

Its been really cold here. Highs haven't broken 40 degrees for a week. Its not that its just cold, but its been quite windy as well, so even making the run from the car into the mall has been painful!

The cold doesn't seem to bother Brennan though. He's been putting on his snow boots, going to the front door and asking for "jacket on, outside." Here I caught him clonking around the house, checking out his advent calendar house. This was a gift from my mom and he's been enjoying a chocolate from it every day.

Until today, I haven't really psyched myself up to face the cold, but I am honestly missing outside playtime too. We've spent so much time inside, either in the house or in the mall, that Brennan and I were both ready for some fresh air. We bundled up and headed to the playground this morning. I told Brennan we would only stay if he kept his hat and gloves on and he complied. We lasted about 40 minutes out there and then I was ready to call it quits. Brennan wanted to stay longer, but I convinced him to come home to get a chocolate out of the advent house.

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

It's been cold here, too. We're all a bit stir crazy!