After last year's tear fest, I've been trying to prepare Brennan for his photo with Santa. We've been at the mall a lot, so we always look at Santa and see kids sitting on his lap. Brennan has also seen a few Christmas episodes of TV shows, like Handy Manny, so that's helped reinforce Santa as a good guy. I know Brennan doesn't get the concept of Santa bringing presents yet, but I think after this year, he will. We've also been teaching him the real meaning of Christmas, but a little dose of Santa is always fun. When it was Brennan's turn for a photo today, he ran up and nearly jumped up on Santa's lap. It was cute.Not only did we get to see Santa today, but we also had our first snowfall of the season. It wasn't enough to fully cover the grass, but it was enough to do a little backyard sledding. After coming home from the mall, we bundled up in our snow gear and spent about an hour and a half outside. I was so glad I got Brennan snow boots and snow pants at the outlets two weekends ago! I have been on the hunt for mittens that pull up to the elbow, so they actually stay on and don't let snow get in. I haven't been able to find them in stores and have seen some very bulky versions in catalogs, but I finally found a pair online that I thought would be perfect. They arrived today, just in time for us to play! (For anyone interested, the company is called Snow Stoppers - also available on Amazon - and the mittens are GREAT!)
We spent a little time in my neighbor's back yard. Brennan really enjoyed zooming down the slide. He went so quickly, he caught air before landing on the ground. He kept trying to climb up the slide, but it was way too slippery!
Our neighbor's daughter, Sydney, came out to play with us. Her and Brennan sledded down the slope in our backyard more times than I could count. I got my workout in today!

1 comment:
I don't think Brennan can get any cuter! Cannot wait to see you guys next week! Love you all!
Post a Comment